Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Got the munchies?

Then make your own munchy seeds:

2 tbsp Sunflower Seeds
2 tbsp Pumpkin Seeds
2 tbsp Pine Nuts/Kernels
1 tbsp Sesame Seeds
1/2 tsp Olive Oil
1/2 tsp Dark Soy Sauce

Mix them all together in a bowl and then spread out on a baking tray. Roast in the oven for about 5 mins at 150C / Gas Mark 2. Keep a close eye on them to ensure they don't burn. I took them out of the oven every couple of minutes to give them a stir.

Leave them to cool and then munch.

Next time I think I'll leave the sesame seeds out, they're too itty bitty next to all the other seeds. I was also told you could put golden linseeds in, but I didn't because I didn't know whether I liked them or not, and they were quite pricey compared to all the other seeds. Basically I think you could use any combination of any seeds you like. The idea is to very lightly coat them with the oil and soy before roasting them.

I made some yesterday and it's only because of my self-control that I haven't already eaten the lot. Ewok thinks they're yummy too.